‘Women of every culture and society are facing the dilemma of identity. Traditional views of what it means to be a woman and changing cultural and marital roles are causing women conflict in their relationships with men. Women are under tremendous stress as they struggle to discover who they are and what role they are to play today: in the family, church, community and the world.’
-Myles Munroe, Understanding the purpose of women.
Genesis 1:26-28, God created women for a purpose. He gave us a mandate of what He expected from us and He will not expect anything less so that His name is glorified through Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.
Genesis 2:20-25, in this scripture God identified the main purpose of a woman: a helper that is suitable, adapted, and complimentary for the man He created, not as slave or a toy for man.
Ephesians 1:11-12: “In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.”
Purpose is commonly defined as the reason for which something is done, or why something exists. It is therefore correct to say that the purpose of a product can only be determined by the creator of that product. God is the creator of the heavens, the earth and all that is in it, according to the scripture.
Therefore, before God’s purpose would change, He would cease being God
- God’s purpose for women, determines our nature, design, and features. However, we have been telling God to mind His own business, when in actual fact we cannot move away from God’s plan and be successful.
- We throw away the manual and then become frustrated because our relationships aren’t working, we then look for something or someone to blame for our mistakes. We often use Gods gifts to hurt others rather than to bless them.
May we live up to God’s expectations to see His Glory manifested in every area of our lives, in Jesus name.
21st century Christianity has redefined the purpose of or our existence to mean the same thing as personal ambitions and goals. We are busy working hard in pursuit of ephemeral personal agendas, believing that we are fulfilling the purpose of God. The bible made it clear that in Ephesians 1:11 that “we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things after the counsel of His own will” meaning that our purpose is not determined by ourselves.
In order to understand the principles of purpose we must first understand that;
- God is a God of purpose
- He created everything with a purpose.
- But, we have lost our understanding of God’s intent, therefore not every purpose is known to us.
- On the other hand, for women to know their purpose, we must ask the creator not of anything we must ask not the creation (man) because we can only find our purpose in the mind of Our maker.
- Therefore women, for us to live successfully in the world, we need a new awareness of who we are: women that are filled with the power of the Holy Spirit, wisdom, knowledge, understanding and the skills to conquer today’s challenges.
Please leave your comments and thoughts below
God bless you,
Pastor (Mrs) Funmi Oluyede